A Prefatory Assessment of Erosive Potential of Commonly used Indian Spices
Lalitagauri Mandke, Vanitha U Shenoy, Jayeeta Surinder Verma
Citation Information :
Mandke L, Shenoy V U, Verma JS. A Prefatory Assessment of Erosive Potential of Commonly used Indian Spices. J Contemp Dent 2015; 5 (2):86-89.
CC BY-ND 3.0
Copyright © 2015; The Author(s).
- Available at: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/spice_trade
- Digestive stimulant action of spices: a myth or reality? Indian J Med Res 2004;119(5):167-179.
- Pathology of dental hard tissues, Munksgaard, Kopen hagen, Denmark 1970.
- Dental erosion from diagnosis to therapy (Monogr Oral Sci). Basel: Krager; 2006.
- Dental erosion and its growing importance in clinical practice: from past to present. Int J of Dentist 2012;2012:1-17.
- Mouthwatering but erosive? A preliminary assessment of the acidity of a basic sauce used in many Indian dishes. Dental update 2012;39(5):721-726.
- What is critical pH and why does a tooth dissolve in acid? J Can Dent Assoc 2003;69(11):722-724.
- Erosive potential of soft drinks in nigeria. World J Med Sci 2007,2(2):115-119.
- Acidic diet and dental erosion among athletes. Australian Dent J 2002;47:(3):228-236.
- The effect of four fruit juices on the ph of dental plaque—a four period cross-over study. J Clin Diagnostic Res (serial online) 2010 June;4(3):2587-2593.
- Immediate erosive potential of cola drinks and orange juice. J Dent Res 2006;85(3): 226-230.
- The effect of fruit juices on ph of dental plaque—a clinical study. J Int Oral Health 2011;3(2):1-4.
- Evaluation of acidity and total sugar content of children's popular beverages and their effect on plaque pH. J Indian SocPedodPrev Dent 2010;28(3):189-192.
- Properties and modification of soft drinks in relation to their erosive potential in vitro. J Dentist 2005;33(2):569-575.
- Enamel erosion by some soft drinks and orange juices relative to their pH, buffering effect and contents of calcium phosphate. Caries Res 1999,33(1):81-87.
- Erosive effects of common beverages on extracted premolar teeth. Australian Dent J 2005;50(3): 173-178.
- Influence of drinking method on tooth—surface pH in relation to dental erosion. Eur J Oral Sci 2004;112(6):484-489.
- Effects of sucking acidic candy on whole mouth saliva composition. Caries Res 2005;39:468-474.
- Black cola drinks, oral health and general health: an evidence based approach. Part 1: Oral health issues. AD News Bulletin 2008;372:22-24.
- Study of knowledge attitude and practice of non-pharmacological measures in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease. NHL J Med Sci 201; 2(2):64-68.